Saturday, March 3, 2012

Another smocked dress

There are several projects waiting to be stitched together but once again I got sidetracked and made a smocked dress instead.
I was able to cut, pleat, smock and assemble this little dress in one day.
Plus I used up some ancient fabric.


The pattern is from Wendy Schoen and I've made it before.  I really liked the cuff on the sleeve but I didn't have enough fabric to make sleeves.


I didn't even have enough fabric to make little caps like these that appeared in Sew Beautiful #81 (2002)


Because there was a huge flaw in the fabric too, I wasn't able to use the full 42" width for each front and back section.  There was only 36" for each section but it worked out well just the same.


Size 3.
I don't like the rick-rack trim on the collar.
Plus, the armhole might be too large.
In my button box, there are 8 cherry shaped buttons which I'd like to use on a cardigan to match this dress.
But I'd have to make the cardigan.
So I'll add that to the to-do list.

6 comments:

  1. When you have completed these lovely projects where do they end up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the rick-rack fine till you said that....and I guess I still like it but it did make me question it. It is an adorable dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! Adorable smocking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'd have my daughter in it everyday . . . if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happened to your My North Blog? I have been trying to go to it for days and it says Blog not found...hope it was by your choice and not something happened to it. I would hate to think of either of my main blogs just disappearing.

    ReplyDelete