Monday, February 7, 2011

They'll be ga-ga at the Go-Go.

I can't stand it!  This pattern is just too .... oh.... I don't know .... Mary Quant? Oleg Cassini? Andres Courreges? .... wait ...... GROOVEY!  It makes me sing 60's tunes when I sew.  To complete the mood I even found some 60's style fabric.   And that reminds me, this dress definitely needs Go-Go boots!


When baby grows hair she'll need a 5-point cut.



The fabric is a heavier weight poly-knit-bonded-worsted whatever.  I really have no idea what it is but I know I had a dress made from this type of fabric back in the 60's.

Flower power.

Of course the pattern is from Oliver + S and it's called School Photo Dress.  I made it in size 2T.

Getting back to the fabric, it is double sided and I literally had to toss a coin to decide which side to use.



I haven' t exhausted my repertoire for 60's tunes (although I'm growing somewhat weary of music from Hair) so that means, more of these little gems will surely be on the way.  Far out!!

They'll be gag- at the Go-Go
When they see me in my toga
My toga made of blond
Brilliantined, biblical hair..........

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this is so adorable and really does sing the 60s!

    ReplyDelete