Friday, November 26, 2010

Second Christmas Dress completed.

This dress went together quickly.   It's a thin cotton so grandbaby will need to wear a warm turtle neck underneath and a pair of woolly stockings.



It's a size 12-18mos using the Bubble Dress pattern from Oliver + S.


I added mini piping around the neck, arm and waist area.  I think that detail makes it look even better.


For fun, I quickly whipped up a fabric poinsettia flower using dupioni to add a little colour.  The flower needs to be made from felt, which I have run out of.  I'll be going to town sometime next week and I'll pick up red and green felt then.  But at least I can get the idea of what a flower on the front will look like.  The centre of the flower is a small jingle bell.

Detachable red felt flower would be better.
Two dresses down, several more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment