Monday, February 8, 2010

Chocolate Easter Bunnies

The smocking pattern on this dress came from the February issue of Creative Needle 2008. I didn't enjoy smocking it.
The dress is 12 months size and came from a basic yoke dress pattern in an issue of AS&E.

Directions to make a well formed Peter Pan collar came from here.

Attach the collar at the seam line and not the center front outer edge. That way, when the collar pieces are sandwiched between the outside fabric and the lining for stitching, when it's flipped over, the edges will match perfectly. It did!

To make the piping, I used polyester knitting yarn for the filler. I ran out of cotton cording.

1 comment:

  1. I love this dress. I made the same one for my little one 2 years ago and it is still her favorite Easter dress. I am starting her new Easter dress today. I had better get smocking!

    ReplyDelete